YETMINSTER & RYME INTRINSECA PARISH WEB SITE
The YRIP website will be the official web based voice of Yetminster, Ryme and Hamlet. It will be for the community of Yetminster & Ryme Parish and will include details of Clubs & Societies within the Parish, Businesses within the Wriggle Valley, an Events Calendar, a community Forum as well as Parish Council details and information.
1. Written Procedures and Policies
a.The YRIP website will operate within the terms and conditions as set out in its adopted procedures and policies as described herein and which shall be available from within the website.
a. A YRIPC Councillor (the Web Master) to be in charge of the complete site and have overall control. To undertake regular quarterly meetings with the support team to review the operation of the site and to provide a quarterly report to the YRIPC.
b. A Web Working Group of volunteers will be created to maintain and develop the web site. A YRIPC councillor will chair the group which will aim to comprise at least 4 members.
c. The website will be a standing item on the YRIPC agenda, providing an opportunity for the Web Master to report on user statistics, any issues and how these should be resolved
d. The website to, initially, be “divided into 4 functional areas under the overall responsibility of the Web Master. The functional areas, which will be the responsibility of a member of the Web Working Group (Web Assistant) are as follows :
- YRIPC Councillor with overall Web Master control.
- Parish Council function
- Parish Plan & Forum function
- Amenities function
- Businesses function
e.The web assistants will be given training in using the website with the proviso that other members will be co-opted from the community to expand the group so that cover, and the ability to interchange, is readily available once instruction has been given.
f. The Web Assistant responsible for the Community Forum (Forum Webmaster), together with will approve, or not, new members and discussion posts. A nominated standby will deputise as required.
g. The Forum Webmaster shall, where necessary, summarise issues raised by the community and report these to the Council meetings so they can be actioned.
h. The Web Working Group will liaise as considered necessary to review their operations, identify, and if possible resolve any problems, consider maintenance issues and potential updates.
I. The Web Working Group, under the chairmanship of the Web Master, will meet every quarter to resolve any outstanding problems, consider maintenance issues and updates, and, additionally review the analytics of visits.
j. The Web Working Group reserve the right to refuse or exclude from the website any business, club or society that do not act in the interests of the local community
3. Community Interaction
The local community can interact with the website by means of either the Contact Form or Community Forum.
- The Web Master will be responsible for reviewing and responding to comments made on the contact form, referring to the Web Assistants or the Clerk to the Parish Council where appropriate
- The Forum Webmaster will be responsible for the membership and content of the Forum
In the first instance any complaint should be addressed to the Web Master using the Contact Form.
If not satisfied then the complaint should be escalated to the Chairman of the Parish Council.
While the Webmaster and Web Assistants attempt to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability or suitability of the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the YRIPC website. Any reliance placed on such information is therefore strictly at the user’s risk.
The YRIPC will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from any perceived loss of profits caused by the use of this website.
The YRIPC website links to other websites which are not under its control in terms of their nature, content and availability. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
By using the website the user acknowledges the terms and conditions of its use.
Forum Code of Practice
This Code of Conduct applies to all users of the YRIPC Community Forum Page
Participant of this forum agree to uphold the Code of Conduct, and, as such, are responsible for all activities and content they post/upload. In addition to upholding this Code of Conduct, they are responsible for adhering to all applicable local and national legislation.
- Don’t worry about your spelling! – good or bad grammar isn’t the point – the Community Forum is about getting issues discussed and questions answered.
- Be polite and respectful in your posts, and in your replies to other people.
- Respect people’s right to privacy
- Keep conversations on track -its okay to disagree with another user’s post, but don’t go off track in doing so.
- Always address your comments to the person who asked the initial question, not the other posters.
- Be honest about your sources and cite the source of anything you post or upload if it isn’t your own original content.
- Keep it clean. That means no profanity, obscenity, insulting or bigoted comments please and no name-calling.
- Search to see if a question you’d like answered has already been posted by somebody else. Posting the same question repeatedly and starting multiple discussions on the same subject can be confusing.
- Report any kind of abuse you find in the forum. You will find “Report abuse” links in every post and in every profile.
The Webmaster shall reserve the right to withdraw any individual or group of postings and to refuse to submit a comment or posting if it is felt that the above Code of Conduct is not being adhered to.
A person may browse the Community Forum or related sites, without telling the Parish Website owners who they are or having to reveal any personal information about themselves.
If a person wishes to register to join the forum they agree to give the website owner personal information relating to their email address, their chosen user name and password.
This information is stored electronically and securely. It is only available to the website owners vetted Forum Webmaster and will not be divulged or otherwise transmitted to a third party.
The information provided will not be used to contact the user with information or advertisement other than as pertaining to their use of the Forum.
The website owner will, at the request of the user (which must be made in writing or by email), remove their personal information from the system
Current Members of the Web Working Group
YRIPC Councillor with overall Web Master control Councillor Perlejewski
All members of the group can update all sections of the website, but the primary functions are as follows:-
Parish Council function Andy Perlejewski
Parish Plan & Forum function David Torrance
Amenities function Andy Perlejewski
Businesses function Elizabeth Jubb