A number of allotments are provided in Yetminster.
An allotment site is situated adjacent to the sports ground.
25 allotments are available for parishioners at a rental fee of £30 per year (£15 for those over the age of 65). Half plots are available. The soil is good and a water supply is available on site.
Further details may be obtained from the Clerk to the Parish Council.
Gardening jobs for September
- Transplant winter lettuces
- Sow onions and plant over-wintering onion sets and garlic
- Lift main crop potatoes if they look ready
- Gather apples
- Prune blackcurrants, blackberries and logan berries
- Scarify and aerate lawns and sow seed on worn patches and damaged edges. If you do not need to re-seed now is a good time to apply moss killer and autumn fertiliser
- Plant bulbs in pots to brighten up the home at Christmas.
- Start to clear the allotment ready for a good dressing of well-rotted farm manure