At the present time (April 2023) there is 1 Defibrillator unit in Yetminster and this is located on the side wall of the White Hart at the entrance to the rear carpark.
Use the ZOLL AED 3 defibrillator when a suspected cardiac arrest victim has an apparent lack of circulation as indicated by ALL of the following symptoms:
- Absence of normal breathing
- Absence of pulse or signs of circulation
Call for help, retrieve the defibrillator, and bring it to the patient’s side. Follow these basic steps to treat the suspected cardiac arrest patient:
- Press the On/Off button to turn on the defibrillator and follow the voice prompts
- Press the Child Selection button (only if the patient is a child and you are using CPR Uni-padz)
- Place defibrillation pads on the patient (follow the defibrillator’s voice prompts).
- Shock patient, if instructed.
- Start CPR.
Last Updated 03 04 2023 DIT