Hamcrate Allotments, Yetminster
A number of allotments are provided in Yetminster on a site situated adjacent to the sports ground.
A total of 25 full plots (individual plots may be sub-divided into 2 half plots) are available for parishioners although people living outside the parish can be considered. The current rental fee of £32 is currently under review.
The soil is considered good and a water supply is available on site.
If you are interested in taking on a plot or would like further details please contact the Clerk to the Parish Council (email: email@example.com) or by using the contact form facility on this website.
Jobs for June and July
- Hoe between rows of vegetables to suppress weeds
- Water in very dry spells
- Plant out brassicas such as winter cabbage and broccoli
- Harden off and plant our courgettes, squash and pumpkins
- Harvest and resow salad crops like lettuce and radish every two weeks
- Continue to earth up main crop potatoes
- Dig up early potatoes as the tops start to die back
- Pinch out the side shoots of tomato plants
- Feed tomatoes, peppers and cucumbers with a high potash fertiliser
- Remove small apples from trees to encourage others to grow larger
- Prune cherry and plum trees