Yetminster Community Sports Club
Brierley, Yetminster, DT9 6NR firstname.lastname@example.org
Facebook: Yetminster Community Sports Club
Thank you to everyone who attended our Picnic on the Pitch on Sunday 12 July. It was so nice to see groups making the most of the fantastic weather while observing social distancing.
Sunday 27 September: Procession of vintage tractors. Tractors will assemble at 10.00 am, before a cavalcade through local villages, returning at 3.30 pm.
The bar will be open all day, serving drinks and snacks and there will be musical entertainment from 5.00 pm.
Saturday 31 October: Halloween Event – details to follow
As soon as it is safe to do so, we will reschedule the Only Fools and Horses Quiz night in aid of Somerset and Dorset Air Ambulance. Special appearance by Denis Lill who played Rodney’s father-in-law. £40 for a team of 4 to include a light supper.
COVID 19 Guidelines
- Do not come to any of our events if you are displaying any of the COVID 19 symptoms
- The tables have been set out so that they are at least two metres apart and should not be moved
- If you are using a picnic blanket, it should be set down at least 2m from any other group
- Your group must not include members of more than two households
- On arrival, please provide us with the names of the people in your group, your arrival and departure time and a contact telephone number or email address
- On entering the clubhouse, please use the hand sanitiser provided
- Please follow the one-way system through the building
- Only one person from your group should come to the bar
- When queuing at the bar, please observe the floor markings to ensure that social distancing is maintained
- If you are unhappy in coming to the bar, we will take orders and serve you at your table or picnic blanket
- Only one person should be in the toilet at at time.
- Please observe hand washing procedures at all times
- Please contact us if you display any symptoms of COVID 19 in the two weeks after your visit.
We are currently offering free membership. Please email email@example.com for your membership application form.
The renamed Yetminster Community Sports Club is now open as a centre for community activity. A series of music events, quiz nights, skittles evenings and social gatherings will be staged and promoted to all members. The football pitch is available for hire and the club will also be available to hire for events and private parties.
This is a valuable community asset which can only survive with the support of the local community. We would be interested to hear from any resident who would like use the facilities for new activities.
Hire of football pitch and changing rooms: £35 per match or £30 per match for a block booking
Hire of the clubhouse: £20 per session (morning, afternoon or evening) or £15 for a block booking of 10 sessions
Hire of the clubhouse: £35 per day or £30 for a block booking of 10 days
Hire of clubhouse for an evening function to include a disco: £150
£5 per head: to include sandwiches, cocktail sausages
£7.50 per head: to include sandwiches, chicken legs, dips
£10 per head: knife and fork supper either meats, cheeses and salad, chicken curry or chilli
Pint of draught cider and lager £3
Bottled beer £3
Spirit with house mixer £3
Spirit with branded tonic or energy drink £3.50
Pint of lemonade/Coke £2
Shots £2 or 3 of £5
Jagerbomb £3 or 2 for £5
DIRECTIONS Travelling from the High Street, in the direction of Leigh, take the first left after passing over the railway bridge into Brierley Hay and follow the signs past the allotments to the Sports Club where you will find football pitch and an all-weather tennis court. In the summer an area of the sports field is used for croquet.