How do I become a Parish Councillor?

We are actively seeking volunteers to become Parish Councillors, with vacancies in both Yetminster and Ryme Intrinseca. You need to be committed to attending 10 meetings a year as well as being part of one of the various sub-committees. If you are interested go to the contact page of this website and let us know and we will contact you to provide more details. You can then be co-opted on to the Parish Council

How do I report a pothole in the road?

There is a section of the Dorset For You website which explains how to contact Dorset County Council to report a pothole in the road, a pothole in a pavement or deterioration of the edge of the road. Go to

If you are reporting an emergency that requires immediate attention, please contact Dorset Direct on 01305 221020 during office hours (8.30am-5pm).
For out of hours emergencies please call 0845 0678 999.
How do I find out about recycling and rubbish collection?
Full details of the service, introduced in October 2014, can be found at  together with a calendar. The collection day is either Thursday (most of Yetminster) or Friday (Ryme Intrinseca)
When will superfast broadband be available ?
The roll out continues and some local areas will have access in April 2015, though we will be later in 2015
Map of phases introduction of superfast broadband is available here